When Metro Catholic School began
some said it would not last more than three years.
As we celebrate 25th Years we are grateful for our blessed history and the visionary people who knew Metro Catholic was meant to be.
In the mid-80's our Founding Mothers, Sr. Grace Corbett, Sr. Regina Davala and Sr. Virginia Reesing were principals of small urban parish schools on Cleveland's Near West Side. These sisters could see that the urban core was rapidly changing. School enrollment was decreasing and funding was a growing challenge. The sisters felt impelled to continue the legacy of quality Catholic education for urban families as well as provide supportive programs and funding assistance for those living in poverty. Several years of visioning and prayer along with myriad meetings led to the merge of the elementary schools from St. Boniface Parish, St. Michael Parish and St. Stephen Parish. Metro Catholic School is now located at two campuses: Preschool – Gr. 1 on the St. Boniface property and Gr. 2-8 on the St. Stephen Property. Metro Catholic is a Diocesan school and welcomes children from many parishes as well as children of diverse faith traditions.
Post Film Reception sponsored by Metro Catholic at
the Cleveland International Film Festival
We sponsored the film, "Magic Camp."
|Metro Catholic School launches its
25th Anniversary Celebration during a
Retreat Day at the Srs. of Notre Dame
Provicial Center in Chardon.
Student Expressions of Gratitude for Metro Catholic
I AM GRATEFUL:
- FOR MY TEACHERS BECAUSE THEY HELP ME STAY ROOTED IN GOD
- FOR THE GIRLS’ CLUB CALLED SELF: STRONG EMPOWERED LEADING FEMALES BECAUSE IT HELPS ME DEAL WITH THINGS GOING ON IN MY LIFE
- FOR THE POWER OF THE PEN COMPETITION BECAUSE I ENJOY WRITING AND SOME OF MY FRIENDS ARE IN IT WITH ME SO I GET TO DO SOMETHING I LOVE WITH MY FRIENDS!
- FOR METRO BECAUSE I HAVE SOME OF MY BEST MEMORIES HERE
- FOR THE WELCOME AND HOSPITALITY ALWAYS SHOWN HERE
- FOR MY TEACHERS, PRINCIPALS AND STAFF BECAUSE THEY TRULY CARE ABOUT EACH INDIVIDUAL HERE
- FOR THE TEACHERS WHO STAY AFTER SCHOOL TO HELP WITH HOMEWORK SO WE CAN UNDERSTAND IT BETTER
- FOR HANDBELLS BECAUSE THIS CLUB IS ENJOYABLE NOT ONLY FOR THE MEMBERS OF THE CHOIR BUT ALSO FOR OUR AMAZING AUDIENCES
- FOR THE YEARBOOK COMMITTEE BECAUSE WE GET TO HELP PEOPLE REMEMBER THEIR ENJOYABLE TIMES AT METRO CATHOLIC
- FOR STUDENT GOVERNMENT BECAUSE IT HELPS US GROW IN LEADERSHIP
Meet a Metro Catholic Generational Family
Aurelia Santos was enrolled at Metro Catholic as a Headstart
children because she wanted them to have a strong academic
program and Catholic education in a safe, caring environment.
Today Angelys, Gr. 7 and Orlando, Gr. 4 carry on the family
tradition as Metro Catholic students. We are proud of this
generational Metro Catholic family